Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

oh well

Oh I suppose there is nothing wrong with the commodities market, I just like to make my Bohunk fisheye jokes and sometimes I am having so much fun with my rhetoric that I allow for a distortion or two. And with the alarming rate of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer I am revisiting my commie opinions and thinking maybe I should get back to them.

And I am sure the commies wouldn’t like the commodities market. One of those big time early commies used to use the example of shoes, like in what shoes did this guy make, like in what if instead of plinky plonking pork bellies all day for money, you made a pair of shoes and then sold them? Then you would have money and some guy would have a pair of shoes. But if you plink plonk all day, you have money, but nobody else has nothing.

Well I hear all that crapola about contracts going this way and that and lubricating market forces, but I never hear it explained any deeper than that, like how exactly, take it to me step by step and explain how the farmer and the baker both come out ahead on it.

But I suppose you could spend all your money on lottery tickets or down by the roulette wheel, it is your money and you can do whatever you want. But those are bad examples aren’t they, I should have said playing poker or sports betting where you could actually make a living.

I guess that’s okay, I disapprove of it in my new commie purity, but that’s no big deal.

But I think when you get higher in the financial world you get into well things where you are just pushing money around and keeping a lot of it to yourself, when you should be inventing Beagles’ global warming solutions or at least making a pair of shoes.

And I think we are kind of repeating ourselves.

Here’s one that came up with a friend from my watercolor class. Napoleon, did he do more good or did he do more bad? How about the French Revolution, good idea or bad idea?


See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment