Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sorry, I got nuttin

The Federal Government owns most of the land in Nevada because it is crap land, and nobody wants to pay anything for it so why should the gov give it to them for nickels, and a lot of it is parks and even though you and I will probably never go there, I am glad they are there for my fellow Americans to cavort and whatnot therein, and not for conman Bundy to feed his cattle for free. I assume you have read up on Bundy and now know how flimsy his claim to be able to freeload on the rest of us is.

I am happy the American gov owns a lot of land, because I am an American and that means in a slim way I own it too. I can vote and oh, write letters to the editor and whatnot to urge the gov to do whatever it wants and that’s a small voice but if some big corporate monster or some weasel conman like Bundy owns it I don’t even have that small voice.

And that map neither illuminates me nor infuriates me. You say Bundy raised some interesting points, but I think you are mistaken. The only one you bring up is that the fed owns a lot of crap land in the crappiest state in the union, and I say so what? Case closed.

You think the hippies have overtaken the government? Well I don’t think so much, we still have wars and gun laws are laxer then they have ever been since the 60s, economic equality is also on a downward slide. Gay rights are big, but affirmative action is going down the tubes. I suppose dope is more legal, but geeze it took fifty years, and even now either of us could be arrested for smoking it on our front porch.

Speaking of which, an odd story I just read in the New Yorker. When they were running through that apartment building looking for El Chapo, they busted into the apartment of some California tourist who thought they were busting him for pot, terrified at all these heavily armed guys he brandished his California doctor’s permission to smoke dope.
So

I’m sorry Beagles I just don’t have much today. I had to get out early for the cleaning lady and I went out to the garden store and got tomatoes and hot peppers which will bring me pleasure this summer if it ever comes. Along the way I had thought up this great argument against you, but it kind of all fell apart on the way back, because I realized that the arguments I was going to use against you could be easily turned around and used against me. Did that ever happen to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment