Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

smoking guns

I am at a total loss as to why you would report something that you didn’t believe, and that you may not have read either. If you just made something up I would much rather you said so rather than claim you read it somewhere. Normally when people say they read something somewhere they use it to bolster their argument, because clearly then somebody else also believes it, but if it turns out that they can’t say where they read it, then their whole argument is dead in the water before they can even argue it. I would much rather when you make something up, that you say that you made it up, rather than that you heard it somewhere.

I am disappointed to hear you say that you don’t you don’t believe some of the stuff I say. Sometimes when I am writing an argument I see that I have said something that I am not sure is right, and then I generally go to the google or the wiki and if it’s true I leave it in, and if it’s false I take it out. Okay sometimes, very rarely I assure you, I will leave something in that is doubtful but hard to check, and just see if Beagles picks up on it.

Again it depends however on whether it is a fact or an opinion. The idea that concealed carry increases murders is an opinion, the murder statistics from before and after it was implemented are facts.

You mention cigarette smoking and this might be an interesting subject. I was watching an old movie, A Gentleman’s Agreement, last night and everybody was smoking like a chimney, but anymore the only people who smoke in movies are vicious psychopaths or really cool guys. That’s one thing smokers have going for them in the face of all those statistics and photos of lungs like lumps of coal, it’s still cooler, even cooler the fewer people do it. Every day they decrease the area where we can smoke and put another buck tax on a pack, and is that fair?

You did indeed say that you didn’t think concealed carry could be credited with a already declining crime rate, I may have misread you on that one. And I was indeed one of those guys who thought that if concealed carry was implemented guns would be ablazing everywhere and that has not happened. I was wrong on that one.

And I realize that you are not one, and don’t have any interest in carrying concealed, but I do wonder what is up with these guys. Before concealed carry were they walking a delicate tightrope between fear of their fellow man and the fear of being arrested by the cops for carrying the only instrument that could protect them? And now do they stride confidently into previous danger spots like restaurants and movie theaters? Did you read about those guys that took their AK 47s into the Chipole ?http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/05/20/chipotle-arms-guns-carry-demonstrations/9317569/

Well that’s not concealed weapons is it, but you know the guys who fought for concealed carry are now fighting for carry it anyway you want (except unloaded). Some of these guys are just looking to stick a finger in the eyes of their opponents, but people like that are common on both sides, my side has the embarrassing flag burners.


Those holsters look uncomfortable to me, but then I hate to carry an umbrella on a likely rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment