Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2026

A Man with a Plan

 I don't remember us discussing Asian Carp.  I guess I  mainly thought it was funny, fish jumping up out of the water and slapping fishermen silly and knocking that beer can right out of their hands.  I think we have some kind of electric fence somewhere between the Mississippi and the lake.  I guess there were none in your old fishing hole because there are none in Lake Michigan and I believe if they got into it they would be in all the great lakes.  

I took some of my cormorant paintings to the senior center and got into a discussion of would cormorants be able to take care of those Asian carp and I believe they would, they are a hungry crew.  When they get to the mouth of the Chicago river and turn westwards they are wearing bibs with fish on them.  I reckon we could sneak up on them and make the generic fish into Asian carp and I figure that would take care of the problem.  Don't know why I never became governor.

Don't know why I never became much of anything.  Oh that's right I was going to be a famous author, and to make sure I never sold out to some corporate job, I tended bar for most of my Champaign years, oh, and drank a whole lot too.  But then I have just watched Mad Men and those corporate types drank way more than I ever did.

But I was thinking of people who had a path in life from their early days.  In 7 UP it seems like most of the rich kids had plans that they followed and the poorer kids tended to drift.

But Beagles knew what he was going to do at the age of seven, he was going to live in Michigan, and that's exactly what he did.  Hats off to him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment