Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Child's play

Early spring?  Not so fast, Bubba!  Since that post there has been snow and temps in the 20s.  A fella could sprain his neck watching the thermometer go up and down but it is entertaining in a perverse, only Chicagoans get it, kind of way.

-----

A month without the wise counsel of Mr. Beagles, don't know what to make of that fact.  My delusional scenario is that he decided that maintaining 80+ acres is no way to spend his time and hitting the road with Lady Beagles would be much more fun.  Throw a camper thing on the back of the truck and just get the hell out of Dodge, could be in Nashville by sunset if he gets an early start.  Sounds like a good idea to me.  I have a card that gives me free travel on the CTA, RTA, and Metra trains so I looked at the Metra schedule and noticed that the Rock Island Line runs out of the La Salle Street Station and, if my memory of Johnny Cash is correct, the Rock Island Line is mighty fine.  Never been on that line so I went down and took the first train out of town and ended up in Joliet.  Nice trip, but on the return trip I ended up on the wrong platform and nearly boarded the Texas Eagle to San Antonio.  That would have been good, too.

-----

I'm guessing that Gage Park High School, Class of 1963, didn't have a 60th reunion last year or you guys would have mentioned it.  But you are the Silent Generation, after all.

-----

I'm starting to spend a little time at the local Senior Center and saw they have an occasional class on making balloon animals, something that should dazzle my niece's little ones.  A quick trip to a nearby Party Store and I'm getting a head start.  Before you start cracking wise check out the prices that Jeff Koons gets for his sculptures, and he doesn't even make them himself.




No comments:

Post a Comment