Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Free Tim Boxer is back

 As the Dawgs know when we begin a new post we click on New Post and go to another page where we have to click on another New Post before we can begin to spin our tale off to the world. But New Post is not the only option on that second page, there is also a Comments option, and from time I check out what is there, and I did so this morning and there were four new posts by Free Tim Boxer, who we were just about to induct into The Institute last year when he suddenly dropped out of sight, apparently having swapped computers and lost a link.

Well he is back, he has four new comments.  I am wondering Tim if you would like to become an author on the blog?


Glad to hear about your taking the kids out skating.  Like dancing, it's one of those things I regret never taking up.  My sisters did it a bit and I remember peeking into the boxes where they kept their skates and seeing how narrow the blades were despaired of ever making figure eights, or zeroes, or even ones.

I have been hoping to hear from Old Dawg about his days of aspiring to unicyclism.  At the current time we have electric unicyclists joining the scooters on the street here.  It's a simple machine, just a wheel and two things to put your feet on from which I guess you can steer it and control the speed.  Seems like most riders are dressed in black and sneer at death.  But I have to admit that they look way cool.

I can't quite place that thing about whispering WHOM to oysters.  Is that from The Walrus and the Carpenter?

That thing about blinking our lights at people a hundred light years away got me to thinking about a Grubhub to Nu2 Draconis 
A
 where that little deli has those great pastrami sandwiches.  You would hop into your almost-speed-of-light rocket and be there in like five minutes, well your time, a hundred years for the folks back home and get back to Earth five minutes later with the sandwich still warm, and the great to the tenth grandkids of the guy who shoved that twenty in your hand would take the sandwich and you would hand them the change.


Beagles, I know about the Fenians and Shay's Rebellion, but have you heard of Saint Patrick's Battalion?    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick%27s_Battalion

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like yes if you deem this dog worthy. It was an interesting year - not only did I lose the link, but also suffered cancer surgery (survived to tell the tale) and the year has been a very challenging one for me. Finally quit the stress-job that may have been killing me! I'll be between employers for a while now, which is a good thing. We have had a great one-year of integrating the dog (the actual Boxer) into our family, he knows our routines and expectations and we're all getting along famously now. He's very happy to Speak Up when any stranger comes to visit the house.
    Happy to again be here at the Institute & catching up on the posts!

    Whispering Whom to Oysters - it's from an old comic, I shall endeavor to find it.

    I'll try to post a story or two this last week of 2021. You are (all) more creative in your writing-style than am I; I shall have to come up to speed. :)

    One thing that I teach the Little One, is to write the story ending first and then build backwards from there, rather than the setting or character development. Do you have a writing style?

    Inspiring to me this month, is that I am reading the entirety of Shirly Jackson's works. Previously, I had only known of The Lottery, which they taught us (unsuspecting and shocked) teens in junior high. Remember that one?

    ReplyDelete